Oh what a day Christmas was...I had all kinds of ideas about this year and how awesome it was going to be, the great pictures I was going to get, the fun we were going to have, etc. Our Christmas this year was actually quite the opposite, going down in the books as a day NOT to remember.
It all actually started the Monday before Christmas when Evan threw up all over his crib. I didn't think much of it because afterwards he was fine, he ate dinner and had no other stomach problems. I thought it wasn't anything major. Boy was I wrong...
Fast-forward to Thursday night {12/23}. We had gone to dinner with Cathy and Trey and by midnight that night I was throwing up...non-stop for four hours. It was miserable, I HATE throwing up...I would rather be any kind of sick than have the stomach bug. At first I thought it was something I had eaten {not going to Carino's for a REALLY LONG TIME} because Cathy also threw up that night and we ate the same thing. By Christmas Eve night I was OK and we went to church {see the funny pic below I stole from my friend Meg's blog of what happens when there is no child care and four one year olds are free to roam during the service}. After church we ate dinner again with Cathy and Trey at their house with a bunch of people.
By Christmas morning Jeff was sick along with Cathy, Trey and their youngest Emmie. We quickly figured out this was not food poisoning and instead a miserable stomach bug. So...no fun pictures and exciting times of opening presents. We still drove to Houston to see Jeff's family, even after I asked him 10 times if we should stay home {the sign for us to turn around should have been when I pulled off the road in Hearne for Jeff to throw up}. We stayed there for three hours and then came back home because Jeff was completely miserable. Ethan was also really cranky and had diarrhea and I was beyond happy to get back home. Jeff went to bed as soon as we got home and the boys followed shortly after. By 9:00 I was on my way to Jack-in-the-Box to get dinner because by then I was feeling good and completely starving after not eating much for two days.
So...that was our exciting Christmas...diarrhea, throwing up, lots of driving, and dinner at Jack-in-the-Box. Not quite the day I had envisioned but one that we will probably still be talking about 20 years from now.
Everyone is feeling much better now {including Jeff's dad and grandparents who we passed it along to...not the smartest choice by us to go to Houston...and Jeff's sister, who came to visit the day after Christmas} Even though it wasn't the most awesome of Christmases the boys had some fun opening presents a few days later...
Ethan helping me get his toy out of the box.
Every boy needs some tools.
An educational toy to make the teacher in me happy...it's never too early to start learning letters, right?
Pushing the shopping cart...we're starting them early...by next Christmas I hope to have them doing all the grocery shopping for me! ;)
Can't wait till Christmas comes next year and we can hopefully enjoy it with everyone well. I have a feeling I will be going quite overboard to make up for the horribleness of this year!






1 comment:
aww, hate to hear that. the stomach bug is never fun. we did the same this thanksgiving. glad to hear all are better now!
Post a Comment