Heaven's Gain


Yesterday Jeff's beautiful, itty-bitty, firecracker of a woman, Mammaw went home to be with Jesus. Our loss is Heaven's great gain. I can just imagine the singing, rejoicing, and dancing she is doing right now.

We spent an amazing day on Friday with her at the hospital. She had been mostly unresponsive for a few days before and God gave us the gift of her being completely alert and wake. We were able to talk to her, laugh with her, sing, and FaceTime with Jeff's sister and mom. It was such a great day.

She was a woman who spent her life loving Jesus and her family, and made me feel like a part of that family from the very first day I met her. For 16 years I loved getting to call her my Mammaw too. We will miss her so much, but can't wait to see her again someday.

No comments: